DeepL Translator VS Google Translate (DeepL is much better!)

Discussion in 'Other' started by ƌɷՈĶϵʯ, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Это была очень смешная шутка про пенис, Осел, ты очень крутой?

1. Да, Осел забавный и очень красивый.

100.0%
  2. Нет, Осел не смешной, но все же очень красивый.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ƌɷՈĶϵʯ

ƌɷՈĶϵʯ Пользователь Участник

Every single time I try to translate something from English to Russian (or the other way around) using google translate, the results can be pretty bad. From what I can tell, the grammar is just terrible. On the forums, I sometimes copy Russian text to google, and can understand about 80% of what is being said. Recently, I found this site https://www.deepl.com/en/translator, and from what I can see, it works much better.

I sometimes write something in English, use google to translate it to Russian, and then use google to translate it back to English. The results can vary, but it usually...it is not very good.

To see if it is really better, I'm going to translate a dick joke!

First, using google:

Original:

My penis was once the biggest ever in the Guinness Book Of World Records. I admit, it wasn't in it very long. Maybe about 30 seconds. Then they kicked me out of the bookstore.

English to Russian:

Мой пенис когда-то был самым большим в Книге рекордов Гиннеса. Я признаю, это не было в этом очень долго. Может быть, около 30 секунд. Затем они выгнали меня из книжного магазина.

Russian back to English:

My penis was once the largest in the Guinness Book of Records. I admit, this has not been around for a very long time. Maybe about 30 seconds. Then they kicked me out of the bookstore.

OK, kind of loses it's meaning there. Lets try DeepL:

Original:

My penis was once the biggest ever in the Guinness Book Of World Records. I admit, it wasn't in it very long. Maybe about 30 seconds. Then they kicked me out of the bookstore.

English to Russian:

Мой пенис когда-то был самым большим в Книге рекордов Гиннеса. Признаю, он был в ней недолго. Может быть, около 30 секунд. Потом меня выгнали из книжного магазина.

Russian back to English:

My penis was once the biggest in the Guinness Book of World Records. I admit, it wasn't in it for long. Maybe about 30 seconds. Then I got kicked out of the bookstore.

OK. Definitely sounds a bit better.

So, yeah, from now on I will be using DeepL to translate the dumb shit I say on here.

2. IDLE

IDLE Активный пользователь Участник

Donkey, would u be able to translate this without translator? If there were no brackets :D

В каком классе ты учишься? (Буква класса)
    Ученик 1: я в а (классе)
    Ученик 2: а я в б (классе)
    Ученик 3: а я и в а и в б (классах)

What form are u study in? (Class letter)
    Student 1: I'm in a (class)
    Student 1: and I'm in b (class)
    Student 1: and I'm in and a and b (classes)

ƌɷՈĶϵʯ and iOFl like this.
  3. ƌɷՈĶϵʯ

:o

а я и в а и в б

WTF Russia?!

iOFl likes this.
  4. IDLE

IDLE Активный пользователь Участник

Вот такой русский язык, Осел :)

5. ƌɷՈĶϵʯ